i did really good this week.
i made the perfect summer salad.
here is my version of the tomato & avocado salad that everyone in the universe
probably already knows how to make:
1 small red onion - thinly sliced
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tomatoes (i like using roma)
1 tbl fresh basil
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbl olive oil
salt and pepper
1. thinly slice the red onion (or call husband for help if you are like me and cry any time cutting onions is involved); place in bowl and cover with white wine vinegar. set aside.
2. cut the tomatoes and avocado however you like...i prefer wedges, and combine.
3. in a bowl combine basil, garlic, mustard, and some of that white wine vinegar thats been hanging out with the onions. now...a teaspoon is enough unless you are obsessed with vinegar...then use a little more. mix in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
4. drain the onions and add to the tomato/avocado party.
5. pour the dressing over the tomato/avocado/onion party and mix carefully. serve asap.
sidenote: 'sandwich' was sadly sacrificed for this salad. he will forever be remembered.