Tuesday, May 25, 2010

i left my heart in...

dear chicago,
you are my favorite.

dear over grinder,
i would be fat and okay with it
if that meant i could have your flatbread every day.

dear michigan avenue,
husband is really mad at you.

dear chicago water,
my hair is just not the same without you.

dear lou malnati,
if you wanted to move to atlanta
i could be okay with that.

dear martinis at every chicago establishment,
i am still in recovery from you.

dear oprah,
i am sorry i missed you...
but i'll be back soon.

2 comments:

Sara Tornow said...

Isn't Chicago perfect?
I moved there three years ago for college.. in fact I lived on Michigan Ave by the bean.
Sadly homesickness took over.. and the fact that I wasn't 21 at the time and it's impossible to find things to do at night when you're not 21.. even bowling past 9PM. :(

Kristen said...

it is the most perfect place ever. i am so jealous you got to live there. xx