Friday, January 15, 2010

something i adore...

...are these 'missed connections' posters by sophie blackall. she takes poetic missed connections postings and turns them into pretty pretty works of art.

{When I put your coat collar up to protect you from the cold...
on the corner of E Houston and Bowery...
and I looked in your eyes...
I was very tempted to kiss you...
but I don't steal women from other men...
still...
I was tempted... }

{You were reading Catch-22 on the subway this morning. I have never seen such a beautiful profile. I wanted to say hi, but then you’d turn towards me and I wouldn’t be able to look at your profile anymore. You were so into your book, I don’t think you noticed me falling in love with you. But I thought I’d ask, just in case}

3 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

Don't you just hope that some of these people from these connections get together? Then they would have the best story ever and a cute illustration to commemorate it.

Unknown said...

I love her work too, such pretty illustrations!

Kristen said...

yes...it eould really be the sweetest story ever.